• Doug Rigby
    Keymaster
    #13862 |

I’m Doug Rigby, one of the moderators of this forum. You may have noticed that I’m the author of most of the articles here on Blast Journal. I’m a content marketer, web designer, author and consultant. I got into the surface preparation business about 8 years ago working for Geo-Blaster. I know a fair bit about vapor abrasive blasting technology and the applications, and a whole lot about marketing, internet marketing, web design and development, so if you have any questions about those topics feel free to ask. Cheers!

• Coal
    Participant
    #13912 |

I’ve been wanting a blasting only forum for a while now! Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

• Doug Rigby
      Keymaster
      #13917 |

Happy to do it! Welcome to the forum, and if you know others who would be interested, please help spread the word.

• Bob M.
    Participant
    #13923 |

Please explain how to start a new topic.

Blast Journal had an article about increasing the effectiveness of a web site. Found it to be intresting and very helpfull. Have used several of the suggestion and had good results. If any other people have ideas that have worked out, please post them. I have one question related to web sites. Does anybody post a price list for blasting vehicles on their web site? We put together a general price list for cars and it works well. I believe if we do, I loose the opportunity to talk to the prospect and sell them on our company. My son believes we should post it as a way to give more information to the customer. What do other business do?

• Doug Rigby
      Keymaster
      #13924 |

Hi Bob, to create a new topic, go to the forum you want to create the topic in. Underneath the list of current topics, you’ll see a text box that says “Create a New topic.” Fill it out, check the box if you want to be notified by email when someone posts to your topic, and hit submit.

The articles about web-related stuff are still here… look under the MARKETING tab in the main menu at the top.

My opinion about posting prices is… it depends how flexible you are on price. If your list price is $10,000, but really you’re willing to go down to $5,000 to make the sale, then it might not make sense to post the price because you’re going to scare off potential customers. However, if you’re firm on your price, then why not post it? Anyone who is scared off by the price would just be wasting your time anyways. You don’t want to spend a lot of time selling to unqualified buyers.

• RonW
    Participant
    #14281 |

Doug,
    Great to see the ( Blast Journal ) would really like to see more activity on it. This has the potential to be a great tool for blasters. Their are other contractor forums with good info but you have to sort it out to find what you need. I do wonder if it is possible to link the forum to others. The links here have been a great help and I am jumping into the business, so I may be reaching out to you for advice on marketing to make this a successful venture.
    Ron W

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.